Place types are used to classify places as a site, building, organization, floor, etc.
To create a Place type:
- Navigate to the Facilities Manager (Setup > Facilities).
- Click the Facility menu item and select the Editors > Place Types option.
The Place Type Editor window will open.
- Click on the
Enter a unique, self-defined Code.
The Code Field is limited to 16 Characters. You may use letters (caps only), numbers, underscores (_), slashes (/), ampersands (&), or dashes (-), but not special characters such as pound (#), or asterisk (*).
Enter the Display that will appear throughout EnergyCAP.
The Display Field is limited to 32 Characters.
- If the Building Type represents a physical structure and not simply an organizational division, click the Physical Structure checkbox. This will ensure that square footage associated with the space will be included in area-related calculations and rollups.
NOTE: To avoid double-counting of floor area, do NOT check the box if floor area for the space is already associated with a parent node of the Facilities tree.
- Click the OK button to save the new Place Type.
- Repeat previous steps to create additional Place Types.
- When you have finished creating Place Types, click the Close button to close the Place Type Editor window.