To design a custom spreadsheet:
- Navigate to the Spreadsheet Manager (Analysis/Custom Spreadsheets).
- Determine the most appropriate spreadsheet template from the available choices (see Choosing a Custom Spreadsheet Template).
- Click the Design Spreadsheet button. The Create Custom Spreadsheet window will open.
- Select the desired Custom Spreadsheet Type, and click Next.
- Click on the specific template desired, and click Finish. The Create Custom Spreadsheet… window will open. Design the spreadsheet as follows:
- Fill in the Code and Display fields. Each Custom Spreadsheet must have a code and display name, just as a building must have a code and display name.
- (Optional) Use the Description field to enter a longer description of the spreadsheet.
- Add or remove filters using the arrow buttons. These filters work exactly like the report filters. Filters limit the data set that is displayed in the spreadsheet. To filter data by billing period, add a Billing Period filter. Since Custom Spreadsheets display utility bills, the most common filters are Billing Period, Commodity and Vendor. Note that a meter is referred to as a “logical device.”
- When done entering filters, select the desired output from the Available Output Columns list, using the left-right arrow buttons.
NOTE: To move an output column in the column sequence, click the column description in the list box and click the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- When done, click OK. The spreadsheet’s display name will now appear in the tree under its associated template.